Family Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation.
For consideration or to find out more about this position, send a resume and cover letter to Family Advocates Board President Nate Loucks
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Employee Category: Full-Time
Start Date: Late-4Q 2021
Salary: Offer will be commensurate with experience
Reports to: Board of Directors
OUR ORGANIZATION: Family Advocates started as The La Porte County CASA Program, Inc. in 1990, providing Court Appointed Special Advocate volunteers for abused and neglected children who were adjudicated Children in Need of Services (CHINS) through the judicial system. Family Advocates has grown and evolved to incorporate the Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), the Harmony House, and the Court Youth Advocate (CYA) programs, becoming a premier advocacy and intervention agency in Northwest Indiana. Family Advocates works closely with the judicial system, the Department of Child Services, and other agencies working for the best interest of at-risk children and families around LaPorte County, Indiana.
- LaPorte County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program provides screened, trained, and supervised volunteers as a voice for abused and neglected children.
- Harmony House is a safe haven for supervised visitations between parents and children. Our caring, home-like setting encourages positive family relationships. • The Court Youth Advocate (CYA) Program provides youth in La Porte County with volunteer-based advocacy towards successful probation completion.
OUR CEO: Family Advocates is looking for a motivated, experienced and energetic professional with a track record of success in the nonprofit and social service sector. This individual will help lead a dynamic team of professionals, fundraise for the organization, and help build and implement the vision for our established but growing nonprofit agency. Family Advocates seek a passionate candidate to start in late-Q4 2021 and help advance the organization through its next growth stage.
- Board Governance: Work with the Board of Directors to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health and future of the organization.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Work with the Board of Directors and staff to ensure the fulfillment of the organizational mission through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Growth Strategies: Provide forward-thinking leadership to help our organization grow and evolve for future generations.
- Provide Executive-level Leadership: Build effective relationships with staff members and empower other leaders to be effective in their responsibilities.
- Oversee Board of Director and committee meetings, seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising, and increase the organization’s overall visibility.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Manage the annual budget planning and operation, including donor development, fundraising, and grant writing.
- Serve as Family Advocates’ primary spokesperson to the organization’s financial partners, governmental agencies, the media, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to enhance Family Advocates’ mission strategically.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and day-to-day operations of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Master’s Degree preferred or comparable experience.
- Experience in nonprofit, social work, the judiciary, community development, community organizing, foundation, or government setting.
- Knowledge and skill in working with an established Board of Directors.
- Experience with Quickbooks or other financial management software. • Ability to envision and articulate an organization’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Foundation/endowment experience is helpful.
- A deep value for transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Active fundraising experience, including excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- History of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Work/life integration
- Generous paid time off
- Access to alternative and flexible work schedules and personal leave, where possible. • Professional Development